top of page
Legal Consultant

Frequently Asked Questions
About How to Divorce in Florida

Florida Divorce Process

Thank you for your interest in our uncontested divorce services.

Uncontested means that both parties have discussed the issues surrounding your divorce, are in complete agreement, and are willing to sign the documents.  If you are not in agreement then you would be wasting your money using our service.

If you still have questions after reading the FAQs below you can contact us at (844) 344-5338 or (239) 775-9146 or email us at

  • How do I get started?
    To begin, select the divorce option that fits your situation from this page. For example, if you have no debts, property or children then you would select option 2 which is $200 plus court costs. If you have any debts or property to divide, which can either be real property or personal property and you do not have any children, then option 3 is what you select. Once you select your option there will be a few interview questions you will need to answer and this is what we will use to draft your documents. It is important that you answer those as completely and accurately as you can to keep the process quick and simple for you. Once you submit your information you will pay the drafting fee on this page based on the option you chose. We will then draft your documents and email them to you within 48 hours.
  • How do I receive my documents and how long does it take?
    Typically, we have your documents drafted the same day as you place the order and pay the drafting fee. If you have not received them within 48 hours please email us and ask about them. Your documents come to you by email and will be in PDF format. Rarely, but it does happen, the email we send you goes to your spam folder. Please check your email and spam folder (for first if you have not received them. Once you receive your documents and have reviewed them, you will print them off and follow the instructions in the cover letter we have provided you. Once you have signed your parts you will then mail, email, or deliver the documents to your spouse for them to sign their parts. Once everything is signed by both of you, then you will email or mail the documents to us to review for filing. Typically, we can expect the divorce to be signed by the judge within 30 to 40 days from the date of filing.
  • Do either of us have to appear in court?
    No, we take care of all of that for you. As long as all the documents we drafted have been signed and notarized by both parties there will be no court hearings.
  • What happens if my spouse refuses to sign the documents?
    Unfortunately, there is little we can do at that point. In an uncontested divorce both parties will have to voluntarily sign off on documents we draft. If one party refuses to sign then essentially the divorce is now contested. You would need to begin again with a contested action and seek advice from a local family law attorney as to prices and procedures. Naturally we don’t file any documents until all are signed so if you have paid your “filing” fee up front, it will be refunded to you. The fee for drafting your documents is used upon delivery of the documents to you by email.
  • My spouse lives out of state or the country can I still get divorced?
    As long as one of you has been a resident of the state of Florida for 6 months prior to the date we file your divorce, and as long as your spouse is ready and willing to sign off on documents we draft, we can help. It does not matter which one of you is a Florida resident or in which state you or located. If you aren’t and your spouse is that will work as well. Either party can be the Petitioner. You don’t have to be the FL resident to be the petitioner. All documents can be scanned and emailed as a PDF now and uploaded digitally as the court now requires e-filing for all documents. This makes it very convenient and easy for all parties, regardless of what city or state each of them resides.
  • What does "resident" mean?
    In a divorce we have to show proof that one of the parties has been a resident of Florida for at least 6 months prior to the date we file your divorce. Typically, the method of proof we use to show the court you are a resident is by sending them a copy of your valid Florida Driver’s License which shows it was issued at least 6 months ago. This can be your DL or your spouse’s DL it does not matter. A valid passport works as well. If you don’t have that then we provide you with an affidavit that a friend of yours can sign stating they know you and know you have been a resident for at least 6 months. To become a resident of Florida, a person must establish a home or a permanent dwelling place and demonstrate the intent to make Florida the place of permanent legal residence. There is no fixed waiting period required before a person can become a resident. Simply produce proof of intent to establish residence by filing a sworn statement with the Clerk of the Circuit Court in the county where your new residence is located. There is a fee, and a driver’s license or other picture identification is required for recording the affidavit.
  • I can't find my spouse.
    Since this is an uncontested divorce it requires both parties to sign off on documents. If that is the case then our service will not work for you. You may still be able to get divorced but you will need to seek advice from a local full service family law attorney.
  • Are there any hidden costs?
    The costs advertised on the website are the only costs. You will pay your drafting fee plus the filing fee to the clerk and that is it. If you decide you want to make some changes or adjustments to the documents after we have sent them to you then we charge a $75 redraft fee. Of course any changes due to an error on our behalf, then the redrafting free will be waived.
  • Can I get out of the filing fee?
    If you choose to use our service you will have to pay the filing fee. The reason is that even though it is possible to have that fee waived in cases of financial hardship, there is quite often a hearing required to determine the validity of it. Since our prices are based on no hearings, we would have to charge you more to attend one. We find that our approach provides more value to the client by keeping the overall cost down and not having to attend a hearing.
  • Who do I represent?
    The Florida bar prohibits attorneys from representing both parties to a divorce. To do so would present the possibility of a conflict of interest. Because of that, we would be representing the “petitioner” only in this action and as such we would only be answering their questions and providing them with legal advice.
  • Is this site legitimate and are you a real person and attorney?
    In today’s world we understand that you should be cautious about services offered on the internet. There are a lot of scams out there and we respect that you have worked too hard for your money to have it stolen. As you will see on the bottom of our website we are BBB Accredited Business and proudly hold an A+ rating. Our firm is family owned and operated by Florida Attorneys. The late Attorney Philip Blair Darnell started offering Florida dissolution services decades ago and now his daughter, Courtney Blair Darnell, Esq., Bar No. 1013937, continues to offer the same value and service to Floridians across the state. Our attorneys and legal team are knowledgeable in the areas of Divorce and Family Law, and have years of experience. We assure that our knowledge and professionalism are 100% genuine, and we pride ourselves in offering our clients a valuable, low-cost divorce service and solution.
  • What do I get when it's all over?
    We provide the clerk with copies of the final judgment for each of the parties and once the judge signs off on your divorce those will be mailed out by the clerk to both parties. Sometimes clients ask for a “certified” copy of the divorce. That is something that contains the official clerk’s seal/stamp. That needs to be ordered from the clerk directly. If you email us we can provide you with their ordering info.
  • What is my refund policy?
    Once your documents have been drafted and emailed to you the drafting portion of your fee will be completed. At that point if you decide not to proceed with the service that portion of the fee will not be refunded. If you have paid the filing fee, that will be eligible for a refund at any time up to the point where your documents have actually been filed. That money goes to the clerk so once it is filed they will not refund it for any reason. We have no control over that.
Happy Woman

Quick and Affordable Florida Divorce  Guaranteed Lowest Price

With over 30 years of family law experience, we provide a simple, uncontested divorce service in Florida. Unlike competitors who use paralegals, we are real attorneys offering legal advice and support. Our service includes custom document drafting, filing, and no need for hearings. If you find a lower price for the same services, we'll beat it by 10%. Trust in our expertise and professional reputation for a hassle-free process with the attorney's name on your documents.

bottom of page